07 August 2011

The Epic Vacation of 2011

Thought I'd update the blogworld on the Page happenings over the past 3 weeks or so...and the craziness isn't over yet! In a nutshell, I've been living out of a suitcase since July 21 and will continue to do so until August 14...yep, almost a month!

A brief recap of my life before the "real world" starts on August 15...
July 21-flew to Jackson for Krystina and Eric's wedding weekend! And what a wonderful weekend it was. The rehearsal and the ceremony/reception went off without a hitch except for a brief rain shower...or rather, monsoon. The rehearsal was at the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame (Eric's a huge sports fan!), where Stacey, Karen, Elizabeth and I played all of the interactive games at the museum. We were such enthusiastic participants that Elizabeth ripped the slit in her dress so bad that Jan had to walk behind her on their way out! It was so much fun though! I stayed with Karen and Jared, which is always so much fun--I love their darling house and ridiculously comfortable bed and their company of course! Karen took me to her Bunco group Thursday night and I almost won the award for "Most Losses". Who doesn't love a game where you can get a prize for losing?

Saturday, Krystina was a gorgeous bride; I had no doubt about this because the girl is stinking drop dead gorgeous in everyday life, so I was sure as a bride she'd be beautiful! It was probably the most people I've ever seen at a wedding ceremony...perhaps because Eric is the pastor of the church they got married in! You could tell how much the congregation loves these two...I know they must be a blessing to their church! Then they swept off and spent the week in Hawaii. jealous. Their wedding also allowed me to see almost all of the MSU girls I was close to in college! It was so neat to catch up and hear about how their lives have developed over the last  year.

After the weekend in Jackson, Stacey and I drove up to Starkville Saturday night. Sunday I was flooded with love from some of my dearest friends at First Pres in Starkville. FPC was probably the hardest thing to leave behind in Starkville, and it was an absolute blessing to get to spend a morning in worship there again, especially because Joey, our college minister, spoke!

That week I stayed with Clay and Lindsay in their darling house; it is quintessentially cute, and has so much CHARACTER! I'm  dying to be in a non-cookie cutter house/apartment! Lots of windows, natural light, and old house charm. Unfortunately I took no pictures of their house...but Lindsay has some up on her blog!

That week was insane...better to just give a brief synopsis: lunch/visits with old bosses, student-teaching teachers, friends, children, church family, and so many more! We spent the week cleaning up/setting up Lindsay's new classroom at Armstrong Middle School! So proud of her!

Thursday I headed down to the beach with the youth group as a chaperone to BigStuf, a youth conference in Panama City Beach. We went last year and had a great time, so we decided to repeat again this summer! We had some pretty good speakers (and one we didn't care for as much...) and the youth leaders got to spend time being poured into from the leaders of Think Orange, a ministry that's aiming to join families and churches in one mission to raise up their children as followers and disciples of Christ...amazing! We also played some intramurals, and made it to the finals in frisbee! We lost, but the kids were great sports and showed awesome sportsmanship.

We returned on Sunday, and mom picked me up in Birmingham to cart me home...thank goodness for family to be my chauffeurs! Brian also arrived from El Paso last Monday, and we spent last week at home between mine and Brian's houses, catching up with family. Last Tuesday, I drove with mom to Atlanta to pick Emily up from India! She's been there for the last 4 weeks with a project from Clemson, and she told us some hilarious stories about being chased by monkeys and sittinng on elephants as well as various temple visits!

We've just returned from Birmingham from an epic friend reunion...almost all of our friends from MSU were able to come, as well as both our brothers and their respective wife/fiancee! We spent the day shopping/window shopping, eating great food, and spending time in great conversation. It was the last time for many of them to see Brian before he deploys, and it meant so much to us for them to drive such a distance to see us. It's so refreshing to see friends! I miss living in the same town as all of them!

And the epic vacay is not done...we're flying out to Disney World tomorrow morning! Whoo-hoo exciting! Brian wanted to go before he left, so we're heading down there to spend a few days to ourselves :)

It has been an insanely crazy few weeks but I wouldn't trade them for anything! When we get back, we sign for our house on-post, I start my job, and Brian goes back to work...all on Aug. 15! It's going to be INSANE! Moving, new teaching job, and a lot of Army-related things to do...I try not to think too much about it, otherwise I feel stress building...instead I'm focusing on the fun of right now and I'm just going to take a deep breath when I get back and soak in my last few weeks with Brian before he leaves!

No comments: